About This Position: Blossom LGBT CIC is looking to welcome either a Director of Finance or a Financial Manager to join our volunteer team to empower us to grow as a service and begin working towards creating a financial situation that enables us to begin expanding our services, investing in resources, and employing staff members. We are creating the opportunity for you to join our team as either a manager, who will have additional responsibilities of managing and building a small team, OR, as a director who will have additional responsibilities of being a member of the board of directors. You will be given the opportunity to discuss the appointment at the interview stages.
Role Name: Director of Finance / Finacial Manager
Report to: Board of Directors / Managing Director
Job Type: Volunteer
Time Commitment: Minimum of 4 hours a week
DBS Requirements: None unless you opt to work directly with service users
- Seek out funds to support our excisting services.
- Seek out funds to grow our service.
- Manage our day to day accounting.
- Reporting, Forcasting and producing P&L’s.
- General bookkeeping.
- Support with HMRC required documents such as tax returns & accounts.
— Additional responsibilities —
- Recruit and retain a small team of volunteers to support with funding needs.
- Ensure regular training and developement opportunities for your team.
- As a team offer training and ‘taster’ events for our service users.
- Prepare and send regular reports to the board of directors.
— OR —
Director of Finance Responsibilities:
- Act in accordance to Blossom LGBT CIC’s articles of association including:
- Regular directors meetings.
- Reporting to the board of directors.
- Complete all company house & HMRC requirements alongside and with support of the board.
- Partake in all (or most) service delivery votes.
- To develop a clear job description with the board, this will be voted for by all directors in the early stages of your appointment.
- Represent Blossom LGBT’s finacial situation in an honest, frank and clear way.
- Be aware of the length of your term as director & be prepared to run for relection if required.
- You will be an executive director meaning you will be involved in the daily operation of Blossom.
Skills & Experience Required (Flexible):
- Good communication skills (including written).
- Report writing expierence.
- Grant / Funding bid writing expierence.
- Accounting / Bookkeeping experience.
- Budget managment.
- Finacially literate.